Saturday, March 1, 2008

This evening my mom and Mark were planning their wedding on the dining room table, with all of their assembled materials spread out before them....

The whole time we were looking over the materials, the big discussion was the date for the wedding. What was the perfect day? We narrowed it down and voted on three choices. June 21 won 3-0. I thought "Hey, that was easy. Maybe we'll become sort of a family now." But then out of nowhere, Mark says something about how the only awkward part of the transition will be where I will live in the eight weeks between the wedding and when I leave for college.

I was like "Excuse me?" and that's when they told me that they had just decided to sell our house, so that after the ceremony she can move straight into Mark's condo. I was in shock. I have been to his condo. It has three bedrooms, and one of them is a home office and the other is a den with an exercise bike. And even if it had ten bedrooms, so what? I love our house!

I completely freaked out. Where was I going to stay when I come home from college? Where was I going to store all my stuff? What if I’m not ready to go to college? What if I want to defer again? Where will I live?

No comments:

Post a Comment